Monday, July 21, 2008

Our Last Weekend

This weekend was our last weekend home before our big move and it was full of good times and great memories with friends and family.

- Saturday we spent the day at my parents house where my brother and his wife were having a baby dedication service for my niece Izabella. My uncle who is a pastor, and married Jenn and I, did the service and it was very special because of how personal it was. But if that wasn't special enough, my family had also asked my uncle and aunt to say a few words and pray for Jenn and I as we head out to seminary and this new chapter of our lives. It was fun to hang with family, eat great food, and share love with each other.


- On Sunday night Jenn's parents hosted a going away party for us at their home. They invited our friends from church and we had snacks and just hung out visiting and laughing with friends.

I know some of you reading this were there and Jenn and I want you to know how grateful we are to have friends and family that love us so much. We appreciated you spending time with us, we appreciated the sweet cards and gifts that we received from you all and we mostly are grateful that you helped us make a memory that we will remember when we think of all of you. God bless you guys and thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't make it to the party but you know how much I love you guys. Abel and Jenn, you two mean so much to me and I want to thank you so much for doing life with me. How lucky am I to have known such great people like you. I wish you all the best!!!

God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Hey Abel and Jenn just wanted to wish you guys a happy time in san fran and learn a lot we'll miss you but we know you are going there for a purpose that god has planned for you.