Friday, June 27, 2008

GARAGE SALE



28 days till we move and we are just about ready. We are having a garage sale tomorrow so we spent all afternoon and night pricing things and getting things ready to go. At about a quarter to 9:00 tonight I went out to try to get some more signs and can I just tell you it was a bad idea. I was to worn out from all the mess and I knew that Home Depot would be closing soon but I went anyways. I got to one store and they didn't have any more garage sale signs that stand up so I went to another one a couple miles away which the cashier told me should be open till ten. (Thats where it began to get fun/funny/annoying.) I get to the second one 2mins. after nine and the lady at the door tells me they're closed (they close at 9:00 go figure). I explained my situation and she was kind enough to let me run in. So you probably think great you got the sign but no! they didn't have the one I was looking for (the stand up kind) so I grabbed my next best option and went home only to find that I somehow overlooked the fact that in all my tired frustration I grabbed two OPEN HOUSE signs instead. I was ticked! But what ya gonna do that's life. Hopefully we'll have better luck with the actual selling part and make some good money off of our stuff. Moral of the story when you are tired and in a hurry remember to double check what you've got before you leave the store cause there's a good chance you've overlooked some small detail. :-0

4 comments:

Jesse Acosta said...

dude thats its sell the house too.. hey got anything good at that garage sale???

Anonymous said...

haha pretty funny story...
28 days ='(

Jennifer Williams said...

Yeah we get to keep in touch with the Garcia's :)

Any couches for sale?

Anonymous said...

Sorry Jenn, no couches for sale.