Monday, June 2, 2008

Seniors


The summer is finally here which means that the class of 2008 has officially graduated. At our Flamingo Road Church Sawgrass Campus we took time to recognize our graduating seniors. We gave them each a congratulations card signed by the leaders and then we treated them to lunch at P.F. Chang's China Bistro. It was great to get to hang out with them and talk about their plans as well as reminisce on the fact that all though it seems like my Senior year wasn't long ago it has already been 12 years since I graduated from High School :( I am starting to accept the fact that I am getting old . Well we had a great time and they all enjoyed the food.

3 comments:

Jesse Acosta said...

bro that was one of the best times i have ever spent with the group...

Jenn Garcia said...

Jesse- I agree! It was one of those days in student ministry where you go home feeling really blessed to be able to be in these guys lives. They are such great leaders to their peers, they often inspire me with their courage and commitment!
It still amazes me to think back over how far God has brought Sawgrass Student Ministry in 15 months! And it's only the beginning as we pass the torch on to you, Scott, and Lauren...I can't wait to see what God does this year!!

Anonymous said...

I agree. I really enjoyed spending time with all of you and i think it even made me appreciate you guys more because i think I've shaped into a better person since becoming apart of FRC and meeting all of you. You're awesome..don't ever change.