Thursday, June 12, 2008


My nephew Izaac is 3yrs old and is totally attached to my wife and I. In fact he wakes up at least once a week telling his parents that he misses his Tio & Tia (uncle & aunt). So my wife and I have been trying to spend extra time with him and figure out ways to talk to him about us moving. Yesterday I went by Barnes & Nobles to try to find books that help children understand what it means to be moving because we were having Izaac spend the night and were going to try to talk to him about it. Unfortunately I had no luck except for a book that talks about dad leaving on buiseness trips which I might use to create an original book to suite our needs. So we didn't find the book but he spent the night and we had a blast. This morning we watched the disney channel and I took him to preschool. When I dropped him off at school he had a little stuffed wonder pets turtle that he convinced me he could bring to school for nap time (not true I got punked) but you know thats what being an uncle is all about "spoiling kids".
I had fun and so did he as allways but I have to say it was tough spending time with him and thinking about how much we will miss him while we are gone.

2 comments:

Jesse Acosta said...

Tio got punked ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

Distance is only a number named and created by Man! The impact you & your wife make in there lives now is what will comfort them in understanding why.

It's about the imprint we leave w/them.

YBD